Monday, March 19, 2018

Q1 good and bad

From the start of the year everything was pretty good and bad to me.

Changing team
Bad: This auntie team mate who does nothing except pushing her responsibilities to others
Good: Everyone, even my boss, knows she's leeching the bank's money
Bad: My previous supervisor just joined to become my manager AGAIN
Good: She knows what I can do and she can push for my promotion

CNY
Bad: My parents wanted to go back PD early and wanted me to take leave which I didn't want
Good: My cousin is going back later so I can hitch a ride from them
Bad: My sis wanted to come along so we had to squeeze 4 guys at the back
Good: We had tonnes to chat at the back and we managed to go back earlier than usual
Bad: My dad wanted to come back SG the next afternoon, less than 24hrs after I reached PD
Good: My flight got brought forward 2hrs earlier so I might not make it in time if we came back one day later.

2nd Japan trip
Bad: Mac joined last minute
Good: I can stay in Tokyo, save $100 in transport, save time and share hotel costs
Bad: I can't bring back 4 bottles of gin to SG. Tax reasons
Good: Mac came
Bad: There were no more room in my regular hotel
Good: I booked a double room in another hotel, and we stayed in a single room in the next. More money saved.
Bad: I had food poisoning and having watery outputs every 2 hours before my flight
Good: It stopped at the airport and on the plane, and I only had to go toilet once at Tokyo station
Bad: It was too cold at Iwate
Good: I bought the thick down jacket that I had been thinking of getting two days before I flew
Bad: I wasn't in good form for snowboarding because of food poisoning
Good: The powder was quite good so don't need much effort
Bad: I can't drink alcohol or eat raw food because of my toilet situation
Good: It stopped when I arrived in Tokyo so I spammed everything after that

Bangkok trip
Bad: I wanted to take leave on Monday but realised I had a team meeting
Good: Meeting only involved 3 of us it can be shifted
Bad: One of us was too busy and didn't have extra available time
Good: In the end I convinced him to make time on Tues
Bad: Price of flights rose by $20
Good: I booked the last ticket for that timing
Bad: I paid by nets, it showed success but I didn't receive the itinerary after 2 hours
Good: I verified with Jetstar, my payment didn't go through so I paid via credit card 10mins before they cancelled my booking
Bad: The hotel was lousier than average
Good: It was free
Bad: My budget for the trip burst
Good: I brought extra SGD to exchange and I had a good time. And Pit treated me and sent me to the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment