Thursday, March 08, 2018

Tokyo 2018 part 2

After Iwate, my initial plan was to go up to Hakodate and Sapporo because Iwate is very near to Hokkaido, but that would mean $120 extra for the train pass and 8 hours from Sapporo to Tokyo.
And Mac wanted to join me last minute in Tokyo so I spent the remaining 5 days in Tokyo instead.

Luckily I didn't have a lot of time in Tokyo last trip and I had planned some other places this time round. After Gyutan in Sendai the first thing I must have is Tsukemen at Tokyo, which I missed the last trip.
We checked into the hotel which is pretty much Japanese size standards. It was the first time I stayed there and I booked it last minute but it was still cheap. Near Tamachi station, it was pretty convenient with lotsa food and convenient stores around. We headed to Ikebukuro right after and had cheese tarts, walked around a little bit, pokemon center and had gyoza for dinner. We both woke up super early that day so we headed back straight.

Next day was the standard Meiji, Harajuku and Shibuya route, we had desserts, Afuri ramen, zaku zaku, and my long awaited fluffy pancake!!! OMG I MISSED IT SO MUCH, the best pancakes in the world.

Soft cheesecake first, then chocolate cake second, and Café Gram's fluffy pancakes and zaku zaku


After Shibuya, I wanted to go to Okura because they have clothes which were dyed by the traditional method of using Indigo plants, and the clothes actually look better with every wash. This area is my new found hippie area. So many hippie shops around but I didn't have time to explore every shop. Beams x Porter bag shop is also there but I couldn't afford the bag I wanted. We ate BBQ seafood for dinner.
The next day lunch was at Akihabara. I had went there for dinner last trip but it was sold out so I had to go this time round. There was a short queue outside so we waited for around 20mins before we were served. I found out that it was featured in Michellin guide. The tonkatsu was amazing. The pork was juicy and the coating was so crunchy. We could see the chef frying the tonkatsu in front of us and served fresh. Truly one of the most exceptional tonkatsu I had and I would really go back and queue the next time I go there.

I also made a booking at Pizza Bar after hearing rave reviews on it and the chef at Tapas also recommended it. It was really amazing but we over-ordered cheese so it became a bit unbearable towards the end. Pizzino was really good.
It was strawberry season and I bought 3 super large strawberries at the supermarket at $3 each and they were super sweet and juicy. 

Just some more sight see-ing
And green tea ice cream eating
and Ginza posing
and sky-tree posing

Cute starbucks sakura drink, which was pretty decent.
Oh Oyako-don I have missed you so much.
The last meal we had was this awesome sushi, and we were lucky we had the main chef preparing for us. I just love sushi now I can eat them everyday.
I explored Ginza, Dover Street Market and wanted to get this off-white tshirt but I just couldn't allow myself to spend so much. I got the off-white natural habitat belt though. And I got a Lanvin EB tee, almost got the really nice jeans but the price is too high. I finally bought my Okura tshirt natural indigo dye, and... all my bottles of Japanese gins. Kozue, Akayane and Nikka.
I was wondering how I spent as much as last trip but oh well, already spent. Probably because of the clothes, snacks, gins, and food. I bought enough facial supplies to last me for 2 years and my gin supply in my room can last me for 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment