Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hoi An 2018

So thankful for friends who have been to Danang, my Vietnamese friend who helped me with the trip and translate some of the Vietnamese words, and my random travelling friend who randomly invited me for the trip hahaha.

This Danang and Hoi An trip is truly amazing, I totally enjoyed the trip but I hate the early flight. I had to reach the airport at 5.30am for the 7am flight, then I reached Ho Chi Minh City at 8am and walked around to check in at the domestic airport, activated my SIM card but realised Starhub doesn't have service, so I walked back to the international airport to by a $5 SIM card that gave me 2GB for 1 week. 

I had 4 hours to chill in HCMC so I took a grab taxi to the city, walked around to check out café, and settled for a Vietnamese coffee and Banh Mi at L'usine café, which I later found out is overpriced for $8. Well, at least the coffee and food was good.
I had no more time so I headed straight back to the airport for my next flight to Danang. I waited an hour for Ryan to arrive then hopped onto our booked car to go to Hoi An.
The whole atmosphere of Hoi An is so amazing. Really cheap and good food, desserts and street food, rooftop bars etc.
The next morning we booked a tour to visit My Son which is a mini Angkor Wat.

 We borrowed the Vietnamese hat from another tourist to take pics hahaha. After the half day tour we eat the best Banh Mi in Hoi An. It is so delicious I can't wait to go back there to eat this. Can you believe this is only $1 SGD omg.

 We also stumbled upon this crowded chicken rice shop which is filled with locals. $2.50 for a full meal of Vietnamese chicken rice.
There are so many cafés around and Hoi An Roastery is one of the best around. This is egg coffee, which tastes like egg coffee pudding.
Introducing the best Gin Bar in Hoi An called the T room. We went there on Sat night but it was closed at 9.30pm so we went back there again at 6pm the next day. The drinks were so so good and cheap. The owner infused her own gin. We had Vanilla and Pomelo, rose and cardamom, longan and lime and something with black pepper. One of the best gin bars I've been to and it's in Hoi An. I saw asked if the infused gin were for sale and added one Vanilla and Pomelo to my Gin stash. Luckily Ryan bought carry on luggage if not I wouldn't be able to bring my bottle back.
So much feels in Hoi An. It is beautiful at night with all the lanterns. The Gin Bar owner also introduced us to one of the better restaurants, so we headed there for dinner. I had the chilli beer which was a bit spicy haha.
 I was forced to take a touristy pic at Japanese bridge. 
After 48 hours in Hoi An, we headed back to Danang for the beach and city life.

No comments:

Post a Comment