Saturday, October 19, 2019

Jordan Amman Jerash

I met Noel early this year and he just came back form Iran, and he showed me his pictures and gave some tips and guides to me so I pitched the idea to Neab and we planned to go to Iran in October. When we were about to book the flights he said he had to go to US next year and it would be difficult to get US visa if we go Iran, so we had to think of a plan B. Then he asked his friends and most of them went to Jordan, and then within a week we finalised our Jordan itinerary.

If I flew from SG to Jordan, it would be $1600 but if I flew from KL it's only $1000. I had plenty of time during my 10 days block leave, and I could go KL to visit some friends so why not? The SQ flight from SG to KL was ok, but the Emirates flight from KL to Dubai was one of the worst flight I've took. I couldn't sleep because the Arabic guy beside me had no sense of personal space and he stinks of cigarette. I only slept for 2 hours and I was super grumpy. Luckily I took a wink from Dubai to Amman and the flight was surprisingly nice.
I waited at the airport for Neab for 2 hours while getting my SIM card and stuff, he arrived and off we go with the rented car. Neab took the first wheel and it was left hand drive. The highway was ok, but in the city, he scratched the right side of the car and the side mirror. We checked into the hotel, changed a bit and took uber to the attractions. We ate the famous Hasheem falafeh for our first meal then walked to Roman theatre, Amman citadel. There was amazing sunset lighting and we took a hell lot of amazing pictures with Amman buildings and the Jordan flag.
We walked up to Rainbow street for dinner and took uber back to the hotel. The hotel was below average but manageable and most importantly, cheap. We had jetlag (Jordan is 5 hours behind SG) so we woke up really early in the morning and there were prayers already lol. After breakfast with the worst coffee ever, we drove to Jerash, see the roman ruins. I felt like I was in Rome or Greece with all the ruins.
After many pictures, we drove to a shopping mall for lunch- American fastfood YASSSS and Carrefour for groceries and back to hotel, parked the car, uber to Jordan Museum. There's nothing much there (I was falling asleep) and we walked up to Rainbow street again for dinner. Finally we had some decent food at Books@cafe.
Next stop: Wadi Rum

No comments:

Post a Comment