Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Wadi Mujib, Dead Sea and back to Amman

Finally we see some sea! The ride was amazing as well. The road was winding down the mountains, the view was amazing, from ending rocks and sands to the Israeli mountains opposite, dead sea in between. We stopped halfway for pictures.
We stayed in a cheap hotel because dead sea wasn't our focus this time but we went down to the beach anyways. It was sunset, the sea was beautiful and dead sea is super weird. The water looks... slimey and felt really dense, almost jelly-like and we could always float. I tried to sink but it was like a force pushing u up. And the high salt density water kinda corroded my iPhone leather cover -_-
It was kinda itchy after a while so we went to wash up without putting the mud, then dinner time at one small mall there.

The highlight was the next morning, hiking trail at Wadi Mujib early in the morning after breakfast. I was kinda excited because I've seen youtube videos and it was so fun. I got my waterproof bag, my diving shoes and lululemon tank. The river was shallow at first, just leisurely walking and then it got rather difficult with currents rushing against you and you have to pull on the robes or climb up the ladders, and take pictures along the way, and got nibbled by the dead skin eating fishes lol.
The end was a waterfall and a rock stuck in the canyon. It was really a fun and beautiful trail in the canyon.
Back to the hotel, showered, checked out, and then we wanted to end the dead sea tour with relaxing at Hilton hotel. It was super awesome. Newly built, the best customer service we had so far, the best hotel room so far, the best view, the best dead sea beach, the best mud spa, the best sleep we had. Sigh I wana go back there. Even before we got our room, we were already suntanning by the beach, taking pics in the sea and doing mud spa. It was really itchy by the way, but my skin feels so smooth after that.
The only thing I would complain about is the number of houseflies. OMG. They are so annoying.

After we got our room, we went down to relax again, I did a mud spa again, then dinner time with some belly dancing and wine buffet. The wine was not good at all. The shower was also the best.
After breakfast, I went to the beach again for some sun and reading, then check out time.
I regret not doing another mud spa. I drove back to Amman, stopped by a big local supermarket to buy all the dead sea stuff. (like $200 worth: 20 dead sea mud soap for my mum and aunt, some mud and some facial masks for friends)

Back in Amman - checked in hotel, ubered to eat so sweets, walked to rainbow street for dinner. I wanted to smoke shisha but I chickened out in the end. Well it looks super weird. But we had a nice meal. I had lamb chops and margaritas. The next morning it was bye bye Jordan. I changed the remaining Jordan Dinar to Euros - I think Euros is more useful than USD and it cost me $20 -_- nvm.
Next morning, breakfast, we went to top up fuel and retuned the car. The car suffered a lot of damage lol. There's nothing much at the small airport, I changed my remaining JOD to EURO, boarded the plans and Hello back to South East Asia!

No comments:

Post a Comment