Sunday, February 14, 2021

CNY 2021

After the night of crazy kathy it was CNY eve. I woke up to work half day, then went over to my aunt's place for lunch and bai bai - the burning of paper for ancestors. 
I love love love when she cooks up a feast. The curry chicken, the braised duck, the pork rib soup are all so on point. I can eat these forever. 

After that was just playing with the cousin's kids etc. And at night I went to collect my wonderful 190g Baies candle which I bought for $60 on Carousell hehe. 
Next candle - Le Labo Santal. Oh and some texting with Skylar in NY.

This year's CNY is one of a kind for everyone. Nobody's allowed to travel overseas so we can't go back to Port Dickson, and there are limits to the number of visitors. CNY first day we had steamboat for lunch at home, and then I went over to aunt's house again to see some relatives and angbao collecting, then went back home to binge watch some shows. At night drove to NTU. 

The second day of CNY my mum cooked up another feast - mutton curry, chinese seafood soup, huge steamed fish and fried pork belly. My Msian uncles were all stuck here so they came over for lunch, and I just ate by myself after gym. I was so full. And then went over to Wei Ling's place for dinner. 
It was crazy. We had Sukiyaki, sashimi and BBQ A4 Wagyu. The A4 wagyu was sooooooooooo good. Just look at the marbling.
My stomach almost exploded. After that we had whisky, played some poker and I headed home at around 11.30. 
I was so full when I went to bed, and I woke up at around 4am, still feeling too full to sleep. I cannot torture myself like that anymore. The food is amazing but my stomach is crying. I think I can't eat buffet nowadays it's so torturous. 

Sigh all the good food during CNY. It was indeed a prosperous and happy CNY. Hopefully we can go back to Port Dickson next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment