Thursday, April 08, 2021

Izakaya on block leave Wednesday

After 2 boring days of leave I finally pulled myself out of the house to explore the places I always wanted to go. First stop was lunch at eat3bowl, supposedly one of the best/authentic Taiwanese food in SG. 
I reached at 2pm and there were still people queueing, wow. 3 bowls of their signatures and a bubble tea for $18. I thought it was a little expensive. All were quite good, I had expected the Lu Rou Fan to be better but it was still good la. I had high expectations since I still remember all my lu rou fans in Taiwan. But I probably wouldn't queue for more than 20 mins for these.
Next was Brotherbird Coffeehouse. I always wanted to try their croissants but there were only this Matcha pain de chocolate left, which was still really good. Then I took bus to Somerset for dinner with Vivi. I made a reservation at the Izakaya that CC introduced.
There were only 8 seats in the Izakaya - very elusive and only reserved for regulars and I had to make the reservation in Japanese. The owner doesn't like to cook but his food is absolutely amazing. He likes his customers to drink and he would chase customers out of the shop if they order more food than drinks. First off, we ordered a bottle of shochu with fruity tea aroma - it really tastes like that.
Next the food menu was on the wall, and first thing we spotted was Shark's Heart. Feeling adventurous we order it, together with Oden, saba sashimi and chicken karage.
The shark's heart came in a plate of red raw meat in seasoning and lotsa spring onion as seen. Vivi and I were a bit taken aback because we thought it would be cooked, but after one bite... it was actually not bad. It tasted like chicken cartilage with the crunchy bits. The Oden and saba sashimi was sooooo good urgh. Ken and Jarren came to join us after and we ordered a bottle of Neighbour's Wife Shochu, which tasted like sake - sweet and fruity, really nice. 

The whole vibe was so nice and we foresee that we will become regulars here.

No comments:

Post a Comment