Saturday, January 29, 2022

35

 When friends started texting me for dinner in Jan, the eating season begins.

So first is Eric, he treated me to this brazillian meat buffet and I haven't had buffet for so so long. The food was really not bad and meat is well grilled as well. It's just too much meat for me probably but I really like the duck, the beef ribs and the ham. I was super full after that.
Edward also treated me omakase at one of the random Izakayas that I found and it was absolutely delicious. We were catching up over his hermes and my douby gaut lol. We also had the free upgrade voucher so we had the more premium omakase.
Starters: Eggplant, Unagi in seaweed, tomato with yuzu jelly and shisho. Nice palette cleansing.
Assorted sashimi, really fresh.
Lotus root with mochi
Japanese oysters with truffle egg yolk sauce
Chawanmushi with shitake mushroom and scallops
King prawn in tomato puree and bread
A5 melt-in-your-mouth wagyu. Really really good
This is the highlight of the meal. Japanese rice with uni and otoro and salmon roe. The chef came right by our table and keep pouring the salmon roe into the rice until you say stop. 
Yuzu sorbet
Pretentious birthday photo. It was a great meal and we had 2 highballs as well. I think it's quite value for money.

So the next day is the actual day and the first thing I did was: 
This is so important, applying for HLE. I can't wait. I didn't take leave on my birthday itself but my boss called me to wish me happy birthday haha so nice. I was also super busy replying all the texts that I had to copy and paste the same reply lol. Well I haven't bought a birthday present for myself but I can buy anything for myself anytime, or rather I can save the money to buy something bigger. It's going to be an exciting year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment