Monday, March 21, 2022

Switzerland 2022 - Geneva

Shortly after CNY, Weiling took a week leave near the end of March during her birthday and asked me if I wanted to go somewhere together. I saw Phillip and Cindy took their 5 months old baby to Switzerland and I really think it's possible to travel now, so we just booked 2 flights to Switzerland for 10 days. $1144.80. I told my mum about it the next day and she said she wanted to go, and I booked another ticket for her. Our passports expired and we had 2-3 weeks to renew our passports, luckily we got them on time. One week before the trip I bought my new Iphone 13 pro.

The 3 of us are going Switzerland, 2 of them first time in Europe, first time long haul flight, first time winter season, first time on the mountains. And all of us, finally flying after 2 long years. Oh how I miss the airport.
We were so excited we reached the airport 2.5hrs early and cleared the checkpoints within 5mins and waited a long time to board. Most shops were closed at 11pm so we were just playing our phones until boarding time. The SQ flight was only half full, empty seats in between, the movie selections were really good though. I watched Belle the anime, King Richard etc but I was so sleepy the whole flight. It wasn't so bad after all for a 13hour economy class flight. 

The Swiss customs clearance was ridiculously fast. The officer asked 2 questions, scanned my passport, didn't even stamp, and off I go to collect my passport. Very excited to feel the cold weather again. We took the train immediately from Zurich airport to Geneva straight, 3 hrs ride. 
Geneva
Checked in rooms at the hotel and we were so excited, first time being overseas that we took the bus and alighted at the wrong stop lol. We wanted to go to the Museum of Art History but overshot, but we chanced upon Du Rhone Chocolates by luck and we went in to see. The store manager was so friendly coz there were nobody in the shop yet, and we could try everything for free. Just look.
We were very very impressed by their chocolates but it was the first chocolate shop we went to so we didn't buy anything but we told him we would be back. Then we walked 10mins to the museum and started taking pics.
We walked to St Peter's Cathedral and took a lot more pics and bought more things. It was so nice and refreshing to be out of the country and surprisingly we didn't feel tired at all. Ate at Chez Ma Cuisine which my friend recommended - French chicken restaurant, walked to the Geneva old town, went to LV to check out my item and took the bus back to the hotel. I bought beer and yogurt from the supermarket. First day and I love Swiss already.
Second day after breakfast we took the electric tram to United Nations to see broken chair and botanical gardens. Nothing much to see there but just to experience the cold weather lol. Bus to old town and took the touristy train around the Jet Fountain, and back to shopping. We went to LV store and accomplished my main objective of coming Swiss. HA.
No I didn't buy the bag but I bought something from the same collection. My first LV and $200 cheaper than Sg.
Lunch at Pasta People, then Patek Phillip Museum - really got me interested in PP watches. He actually invented the keyless winding which is the crown on our watches today. Very impressive collection but I don't have money to buy any. We wanted to buy Chocolates but didn't see/eat anything better than Du Rhone so we went back to the friendly store manager and he made us chocolate drinks. We had free chocolate tasting as usual and I bought 4 boxes back. SGD150 on chocolates, no regrets for quality chocolates. 
Dinner at Chez Ma Cusine near our hotel - they had different menu, and back hotel to pack and sleep. Jetlagged.

No comments:

Post a Comment