Saturday, May 14, 2022

Candle making

I've been obsessed with candles since Covid and now I have to burn a candle every night to set the mood or help me sleep. So I have been buying my Diptyques and Hush candles online or on Carousell. I have always been wanted to find a scent that's close to the Muji Sleeping blend which I had used for my diffuser last time but Muji doesn't sell scented candles. 

So I decided to make my own. 
I went to youtube, learnt how to make candles, bought supplies online, sent to Wei Ling's house and we started. Also, we bought glass containers from daiso which is more worth it. To start with, I chose to make the simple lavender candle which is the norm. She's making lemongrass.

1. Measure the wax
2. Melt the wax in a double boiler
3. Add in essential oil (I only use 100% pure essential oil)
4. Set the wick and pour the wax in
5. Wait for candle to cure for a week

And then after a week
Voila! Homemade Lavender candle. Bye Bye Hush Candle I can make my own now. 
I can't believe it is so easy and convenient. In the long run this is much cheaper than buying, and I can customise my own scent. 

Next, I need to figure out the Diptyque Baies scent and also do my Muji sleeping scent.

No comments:

Post a Comment