Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Hanoi 2023

First holiday/work trip of the year!

While Yuri went to London, I brought another 2 colleagues to Hanoi. 
I did zero planning, I didn't know what to do in Hanoi and there weren't much information online but I did list down a few places to eat/ drink/ coffee. We flew SQ which was getting lousier :( but the movies selection was still good. I have always wanted to watch Table for Six and finally got the chance to do so on board.

Arrived, hotel got a transport for us, checked in hotel and grabbed to Pizza 4ps - the restaurant that was really raved about and everyone said to go.
It. Was. So. Good! And so affordable! I could eat this everyday if I could. And the bottle of Italian wine was only $40. Great start to the trip!

The breakfast was wonderful in the hotel. They had all the Japanese things - grilled fish, miso soup, japanese rice. They had egg station, pho and noodles station and salad and pastries. And the yoghurt was so good. It's melt-in-your-mouth yoghurt pudding. 

Anyway we had to wear formal because we were meeting important people, and after breakfast we grabbed to the office.
After working in the morning, they brought us for lunch and we ate snail spring roll???? Ok nvm, but it was good. They know that we love coffee so they brought us to a hipster coffee place where we had to squat and drink. The coffee was amazing I love Vietnamese coffee.
After lunch, a quick discussion and I'm back at the hotel at 4pm. I shopped at the supermarket beside and back to the hotel to play games and waited for dinner. We had grilled beef noodles for dinner it was wonderful. And went to a brewery that Zac recommended for amazing beer.
I had the sour dragon fruit beer and a Hanoi beer.

Amazing breakfast on the second day morning and I always had to poop twice because I was super full. After a working morning we had gifts from them, had a fish pot for lunch, great coffee again, and then back to the hotel. 
I supermarketed lots of coffee, fish sauce, safety stuff, travel essentials and my mum's cashew nuts. Then back to the hotel, played some ipad games, went for massage, walked around the weekend market which was like the pasah malam 20 years ago, and Pizza 4ps for dinner!
This 4 types of cheese ice cream dessert is soooooo good urgh.

Saturday was the free and easy day. I really had nothing to do. Went to the Citadel which was boring, ate at some duck pho restaurant, had coffee and back to the hotel for ipad games. I ate and pooped a lot. 
At night I decided to treat myself and ordered all the expensive things in Pizza 4ps. 
This is a crab tomato based pasta and a carafe of red Sangria. I am going to make sangria next time. 
I also ordered the expensive dessert and guess what? 
The total bill was only $37.
Took a stroll at the weekend street and back to hotel. Nothing much on the last day, played ipad games and ate at a great bun cha (grilled pork noodles) place, had coffee and hotel car to the airport.
The whole trip was just eat a lot, poop a lot, drink a lot of coffee and sleep. I think I played games more than I worked lol. Hanoi food was amazing but it can be boring - there were no attractions. I should have booked a tour to Ninh Binh.

With all the food I ate, I need to gym x 2 now urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment