Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Body reset - Surgery

Since I started gyming I have always wanted to find some way to do those fat freezing/burning things to get fast results but it's always too expensive. Then one fine day I was casually reading online and I actually found a solution. I could actually get free liposuction from company insurance!

Timeline
13 March - Went to polyclinic, referred to SGH 
24 March - First consultation at SGH clinic
10 April - Did ultrasound to determine the fat areas
21 April - Second consultation at SGH clinic
27 April - Consultation with SGH plastic surgery clinic
12 May - Pre-surgery tests
22 May - Surgery! Liposuction!

I was kinda sceptical that's why I went the SGH route which took a long time. If I went the private hospital route everything would have been done in a week but the bills would probably like 10x more. I wouldn't want to risk it if I couldn't claim insurance.

While I was lying on the bed I felt pretty excited because this was my first surgery and it really felt like I was in Grey's anatomy or hospital drama series when the nurse pushed me into the operating theatre. Everyone was wearing the operating theatre uniform and there was this doctor overseeing everything and saying cool stuff like give me my this and that. Then I was transferred to the operating platform, IV poked, breathing through the mask and suddenly I was losing consciousness...

I don't know what they put in the anesthetic gas but I had a really wonderful dream and I felt really happy lol. And then I woke up in pain. 

The pain was like... I was slashed with a samurai sword lol. The nurse asked me on a scale of 10, I said 8. I was clenching my teeth all the way and the doctor gave me morphine through the IV. 
SO COOL my first morphine lol. Apparently, I was still in level 6 pain and the doctor gave me more, and I asked for more and she said I was given much more than a normal person already. Making full use of my first morphine haha. She said I was very awake surprisingly even though I had so much morphine.

The pain subsided but I was still very dizzy like I was drunk without the high, and I could only take short breaths and my vocal cords hurt because they insert the breathing tube into my throat. My whole chest was strapped with bandages and two drainage tubes dangling at the side.

Then I was transferred to the recovering ward where I was slipping in and out of consciousness, the nurse gave me some biscuits and milo and I realised I haven't had any food for the last 24 hours. Eric came to pick me up, really thankful for him for being so dependable. He got my meds, I changed, then slowly pushed me on the wheelchair to the taxi stand where we took grab home.

I was kinda weak but able to walk, I guess I was just hungry. I reached home, changed, nobody took a second look at me, heated up some fried rice and went to bed. I couldn't shower because of the bandages. Operation sneaky was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment