Friday, May 12, 2023

Bangkok 2023 body reset

I wanted to do a trip to Bangkok but April was Song Kran, May was the Labour day + golden week holiday and the two weekends after golden week were polling day so no bars will be open, so I thought, why not go on weekdays.

On Tuesday night I checked Air Asia - they were always the cheapest for BKK, booked for the coming Monday. $194 all in. Cheap. As long as it's below $200. I thought I could stay at Neab's but then again it's so far from the city center so I booked a hotel he recommended. 3 nights for $200. Cheap.
I took train to the airport, bus to T4, ate lunch and boarded. 
Reached, took bus and BTS to Thong Lo, walked to hotel. I thought the hotel was quite decent for the price. I went to book a massage near the hotel, went to Emquarter to eat greyhound cafe, bought dessert, put the dessert back in the fridge in the hotel and went for massage. 

The massage was so good, my body cracked all the way. She was really good and I really love Thai massages. I ate the dessert back at the hotel and felt super bloated. The hotel was beside 2 main roads so it was super noisy. Now I know why it's so cheap. I checked the Standard which I stayed previously and it was $300 per night without breakfast lol.  

Anyway I had food poisoning. I had massive diarrhea at 5am, I suspect it was the unhygienic hotel fridge. Anyway 11am went to Erawan shrine, then Central world to meet Neab at Roast. I have zero appetite for anything although I haven't ate anything since yesterday. We walked around, I bought boost and kept going to the toilet - luckily the toilets were clean, and bought some charcoal pills, went back to the hotel to rest for the day. And then I just slept the whole day until the next morning lol.

I felt better already, things were coming out at the right places although black coz charcoal. Went back to Central world for Thong Smith boat noodles which I really craved. 
And Big C supermarketing... then back to hotel to put down my stuff and walked to meet Neab at the Commons. We had greyhound cafe, I had some tom yam dumpling soup, then had highballs.
Poon and her friend came to join us and they saw some Thai celebs whom I had no idea lol. Anyway great drinking. I like this highball bar.

Next morning we met at Emquarter for sushi lol. My appetite came back so I had thai milk tea and bought some snacks. Neab drove me to the airport coz it was along the way to his place, then back to sg. 

This trip was super random but going to Bangkok is like going to Orchard Road. I've been there so many times and so familiar with everything there it's the same. 
First time I had such bad food poisoning in Bangkok or anywhere else. It was like my whole body did a reset. I slimmed down a bit, my strength and stamina went down and my digestive system was a bit weird after that.

Anyway I got a feeling this year I'll back again with Angus the noob. I want to eat a lot of Thai food.

No comments:

Post a Comment