Monday, May 29, 2023

Recovery day 6

The recovery process is a bitch. I had never expected it to be so long.

After 5 days I can take off the plasters and shower normal but not as normal because I can't move my arms too much to reach my back etc, but at least it's better than the past week when I had to cover the plasters with cling wrap to waterproof the area.

I still can't sleep on the side properly and sleeping on my back makes my lower back ache. 
I still can't move or walk too quickly because the movements makes the injury move up and down too.
I still need to wear the compression vest everyday and it makes me want to throw up. I don't know if its the antibiotic or the compression vest.
I still can't go to the gym, although I can go out for short walks.
and most of all, I still can't drink alcohol -_-

BUT I'm glad the timing couldn't be better. Nobody's at home most of the time, work has been handled over, I can recover and rest without anyone disturbing me. 

The doctor says it take 4-6 weeks to fully recover omg. Now I'm having doubt if this is really worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment