Monday, May 15, 2023

The Dandelion Dynasty

Since Feb I have started reading The Dandelion Dynasty saga, starting with the Grace of Kings. I had actually read it 8 years ago but I saw that the last book Speaking Bones was just published at the beginning of this year so I picked it up again. 

I thought Book 1 was long. Books 2,3,4 were even longer and thicker, I want to faint. I couldn't even bring the books on the plane because it was too huge - I had ebooks on my Ipad.

Surprisingly while I was reading book 3 and 4 on the train, strangers actually talked to me and asked me about the book. Holding a thick book on the train is a conversation starter.

Anyway first book is super epic and had a lot of background stories, second book was more world building, very naggy at parts but the ending was quite epic. Third book was not bad at the start but boring at the end.

I'm at the fourth book now, I think it's my favourite one because it reveals everything. The whole story is like a tamed version of Game of Thrones, in Ancient China, super epic with unexpected twists. I can't wait to finish it but it's still so long -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment