Sunday, August 13, 2023

Back to reservist NDP

When they called us up for a high key 2 weeks in camp training which spanned over the National Day week, I googled and somebody said it's to pack the funpack, or to be security for NDP. I was hoping for either because it would mean easy job. 
BUT when we went in, Andy me and GW were so lost because it was the first time we had reservist at the camp and there were nobody there to guide us. We just stumbled to the block and then somebody gave us our bunk beds, then settled. The officer came to talk to us "this might be a shock to you guys but there's no nights off or stay out."
 
It was my fourth cycle and every cycle we could go out immediately on the first day to get our stuff ready. And almost every day we had nights off/ stay out. This is totally crazy and we were totally unprepared. So the second night we couldn't take it anymore and decided to request for a nights off to get our things ready.

This cycle was totally not fun. 12 people sleeping in a room, super warm at night + the stupid noisy fan. I only had 3- 4hrs of sleep every night. I was thrown out of my daily routine and could only play the phone until night time. It was such a mental torture and I could have been more productive and complete 14321454 things outside. Anyway it was both relaxing but torturous. Anyway I got to buy my boots and replenish my stuff at emart. I also kept buying stuff off Taobao and shopee -_- I spent more than what I spend usually.

My team was quite nice, we had Keby and Kaleb, TX and GH. We bashed through the jungle together and it was quite fun. I haven't encountered nature like that in a while, I secretly kind of loved it.

We could go out the day before National Day and I finally had a peaceful sleep over the weekend and also National Day. I went to bugis to clean a bit and sat at the living room to watch fireworks before heading back home. Luckily we could go back before 8am the next day.

I really love this view.
We requested to be posted out immediately after this cycle, so till next cycle then.

No comments:

Post a Comment