Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Hao Kuang Cousin

After lunch I just received news that one of my Malaysian cousin just passed away from a traffic accident.

We used to be super close when we were younger, during childhood before 12yo, every Chinese New Year I would really look forward to hanging out with him the whole period when I was in Port Dickson. He has 3 other brothers, I'm very close with the twins as well, even now
This pic was taken 16 years ago, when we were still close and hanging out at our grandparent's place and chasing cows, exploring vegetation, setting up fire crackers, flying kites and finding ways of having fun. That was the time I had my first camera phone and I think the only picture of him that I took.

I guess time and location just brought us apart, he stopped coming to PD during CNY so we stopped meeting. From what I remembered, he's fiercely loyal, kind and protective of his brothers. The last time we met was actually our grandmother's funeral at PD, he had grown so big and mature, riding a motorbike and working as IT/ video camera crew. But he picked up smoking, which we both hated when we were younger. After PD, we went back to JB for dim sum and KTV near his place, I thought it was pretty nice to see him again.

There are so many things that I should have done as his older brother. I should have reached out to him more often, I should have asked him to come SG more often, I should have brought him around more often. He was my younger brother and favourite cousin.

Hao Kuang was 30 years old, his birthday was 2 July.
In loving memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment