Thursday, November 30, 2023

Memorial

I took one day leave and went back to cck home after gym and lunch, mum came back and we set off at around 4pm to my uncle's place in Johore.

We parked our car there, headed for dinner at a chinese restaurant and went to the memorial. It was a christian memorial so no joss sticks and stuff, I was at a loss of what to do so I went to the back to see his body. His mum was there crying beside his body as I approached but it really hit me to see his body lying there. I haven't seen him for a long time, since my grandma's funeral 5 years ago. I was controlling my tears but it was rolling down a little but I stopped it. His face was intact, a little scar on the chin. 

I went out and talked to my cousin who went to claim his body. So the story was, he was driving back to JB in his company car back from Pahang/ Kuantan where he worked, it was a really long journey so he drove at night at around 4am. He was driving too fast, he missed a turn, went over the road railing, the car spun into a lake/water body and partially submerged. He was injured at the ribs, opened the car door to climb out, called the tolling number and called his worker, shared his location to come pick him up. He placed his phone and shoes on the grass, went back to the partially submerged car to retrieve his wallet and bag but either passed out from the pain or the tide were too strong and then drowned. The worker went to the location to find only his phone and shoes but couldn't find him. He was found by the ambulance and his boss called my other cousin and told him the news.

Honestly it was a shock to everyone, it's really too fast for people to get used to. His parents were devasted, especially his mum. His dad just got a stoke. His twin brothers ran out of tears on the second night but they were handling everything really well. Really grateful to Ah Ming for the support and help, he was the closest cousin to him. Ah Ming was clear what Ah Bee wanted, who to inherit what and to scatter his ashes into the sea. 

We hung out till around 10pm, went back to Sg at midnight, I showered and slept in my cck room. Then it really hit me and I cried really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment