Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Bali Nov 2023

The last time I went to Bali was 8 years ago in 2015 and I explored Ubud and Seminyak, and just stayed at any random hotel. 

This time because WJ had corporate rate for Alila Seminyak so we stayed there for 2 nights. Honestly I felt so unprepared because I don't have where to go except the hotel, I don't know what to eat, and a lot of people came back with stomach pain aka Bali belly?? 

We took Air Asia (less than $200) on Saturday afternoon, the airport was surprisingly new and fast, then took the Klook transport I booked to the hotel and then checked in. We got upgraded the ocean view, unpacked and then we headed to the beach bar for the sunset. 
The DJ was there, playing music and we ordered drinks and bbq octopus and admired the sunset. Seminyak sunset was indeed so magnificent and grand, it's even better than I remembered. But I think European sunsets are better though. After that we went to Naughty Nuri for dinner, then back to the hotel for drinks (we bought a bottle from DFS earlier). 
Woke up for the amazing breakfast, then I dipped into the pool, went out for a meh massage at Seminyak Square, then ate pastry and burgers at Bossman.
Back to the beach bar, there was a band playing and the singers were so good! We admired the Sunset again with drinks and food. Went back to the room for pre-drinks, went out to hit the bars and some drag show but my head was spinning after a few drinks already so we headed back.
Amazing breakfast again, dipped in the pool again, then headed for lunch at the hotel restaurant. Packed, took grab to the airport and then back to Jewel for dinner.
Short, simple and chill trip, most time were spent in the hotel because I didn't know what to do except the beach. The Bali airport renovated and now the customs and baggage check area were super fast, or may because we flew out on a Monday. 

I think this should be my last trip of the year? Maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment