Sunday, October 24, 2010

margaritas

The korean boss wanted to give us a dinner treat as well as to entertain some global manager who came over so we made a reservation at Margaritas at Dempsey Hill.

I have no idea why the attention was on me the whole night.
As a korean, he known to be a super good drinker, like tons-of-alcohol-and-not-drunk kinda drinker. So he decides to train me because I was the only young guy there. I had stopped drinking for health reasons but for special occasions like this, there is no escaping.

He set a rule that we must finish our drinks before we can order our mains and teasing me that the bill will be on me if I don't drink more than him or something like that. I was so stressed and awkward that I had to go to the restroom to do yoga.

He's the boss, I'm just an intern. I have no choice. sadness.

BUT i managed to divert his attention by targeting his 17yo daughter! hahaha and everyone else suddenly became match-makers. haha

Well on the other side, the mains were SUPERB! The best mexican food i have eaten. Everything was so good except for the carbo-loading after-effects. The restaurant was also filled with people everywhere but services were still prompt and food came quickly. A really good place to dine in Dempsey. Prices were also reasonable, mostly below 25 but drinks costs more than the mains. ha. The final bill was $600+ for 8 people.

After that we went to his condo at orchard to chill with red wine and cheese (not for me, i had plain water, ha) and then some xbox and ipad. Hospitable as all koreans are, he loves hosting people according to the other people. We saw a passport photo of his daughter and he said she's coming in jan-feb!

haha *wink

No comments:

Post a Comment