Friday, March 29, 2013

Giovanni Italian Restaurant

Its winner's week for Restaurant Week Shanghai, so when the reservations open, with a strok of luck the best restaurant was at Sheraton, just a 5 mins walk from my office, so I quickly made a reservation for lunch at Giovanni Italian Restaurant.

It was on the 27th floor, a very nice view when we got the window seat and the temperature was just right with the right amount of sunshine. For 118rmb, a four-course lunch is definitely value for money.

First was bread and bread sticks, not too bad.


Warm Octopus and Potato Salad with Cherry Tomato and Black Olives
I had warm octopus salad, which was pretty well done with the octopus. I'm a big fan of seafood, so I know a lot about well cooked octopus which becomes too hard, or raw ones which is too rubbery, but this one's just nicely done!


“Paccheri” Pasta with Cuttlefish and Clams with Mild Spicy Tomato Sauce
I just love seafood. This is one of the best seafood pasta I've had in Shanghai and the pasta is so special!



John Dory Fish Fillet with Artichoke and Potatoes Casserole
This was just ok, not too bad nor too good. I have no idea how to appreciate artichoke though.

White Chocolate “Panna Cotta” with Mango Thyme
It is one of the best panna cotta I've ever eaten, very rich milk flavour and goes very well with the mango