Monday, March 11, 2013

Nougatine Jean Georges

After a disappointing and overpriced dinner at Bon Vivant, I was determined to search for another restaurant to go for Shanghai's Restaurant Week.

With persistence in refreshing webpages and a pinch of luck, I managed to get dinner on the last day at Nougatine, which was the same restaurant me and Lynn went the last restaurant week.

The food was absolutely amazing, as always, and I still think the free flow raisin walnut bread is the best bread I have ever eaten in my life. Haha

Foie gras brule with candied pistachio and dried sour cherrie - melts in your mouth, expanded in a rainbow of flavours and taste.

Salmon tartar guacamole with crispy tortillas - Raw salmon mixed with guacamole, very nice.

Wild mushroom soup - they poured the soup over some parmesan cheese, a fusion of asian soup with a tint of cheese and cream.

Slowly cooked cod with sweet garlic-lemon broth and brocolli - Very nice broth, although I hate garlic, the cod was nicely done, crisp on the skin and tender fish.

Grilled beef tenderloin with cherry mustard and crunchy potato - it was cooked medium, very well grilled and very fresh. The beef itself was so amazing and paired with cherry mustard sauce, which brings out another kind of surprise.

Milk chocolate moose with soft caramel and nougatine ice cream - very nice but too sweet for me. I love the nougatine ice cream.

The meal was so satisfying, with the best raisin walnut bread ever and value for money, I'm coming here for restaurant-week every time.