Friday, October 26, 2018

Jingzhou Enshi 2018

After I booked my flights to Shanghai, I kinda regretted because my hair stylist was asking me what's there at Shanghai ad I said nothing. Then I remembered Michelle asking me to visit her if I ever went to Shanghai and I met her for a Korean dinner and she said she will be in Jingzhou and asked me to go there. I didn't want to spend a whole week in Shanghai so I booked my domestic flight to Wuhan.

Second day early Sunday morning I had to take the 9am flight to Wuhan, her driver was there with a Audi SUV at the airport waiting for me and it was a 2 hour ride to Jingzhou where I met her, and had cakes. The cakes were expensive for China standards, around $8 per piece and she ordered 5 different ones for me, paid for everything.


From the moment I met her, she paid for everything and her driver drove us around and she refused my money. She was my Sugar Mummy at Jingzhou.

We went to see some Jingzhou relics, the river, the biggest guanyu statue in the world, ate Jingzhou local food. She bought a bottle of local Baijiu just for me to taste, went to see the ancient walls of Jingzhou, then went to her company to see, and then I checked into the hotel.



The next morning we met for breakfast and sent me off to the train station, and went shopping around the train station to get supplies like food water etc (she paid for everything as well), and I was on the train for a 2 day tour at Enshi.

I kinda regretted joining the tour because they were all elders and the first day was kinda boring. We visited some king's palace, some touristy street and that's it. I had dumplings for dinner and slept in a less-than-average hotel.



The second day was more cool at the cave. It was so cold in the cave in the morning and I was so glad that Michelle's colleague brought me a thick jacket.

The cave was wonderful, I really loved it.





Then back to the train to Jingzhou, Grace picked me up and we went for Chong Qing Grilled Fish dinner which was seriously fresh. The fish we picked was swimming in the tank a few minutes ago. Sorry fish but you were wonderful in my tummy. I really love the food in Jingzhou, it was a bit spicy and sour but not overly salty or oily. The burst of spices in your mouth. Oh and I had their famous lotus root soup as well.


The next day we had beef noodles breakfast and I was on a 6 hour train back to Shanghai with all the supplies Grace bought. The train ride was torturous. The person sitting in front of me was talking loudly on the phone, the person beside me didn't bother to pick up the phone and it kept ringing, and the person behind me was SINGING. ARE YOU KIDDING ME SINGING ON THE TRAIN. I didn't get a good sleep.

Anyway, I am really grateful to my sugar mummy for bringing me around, the driver driving me around and my tummy is perpetually full. I will try and visit again, and explore the Enshi canyons next time. Now, back to exciting Shanghai.

No comments:

Post a Comment