Saturday, October 27, 2018

Shanghai 2018

After 2 Cathay flights including 2 meals and 2 movies, I reached Shanghai and I totally forgot about the China crowd. It took me an hour to get through the immigration and collect my bags and get out of the airport, then I took the train to Shikai's place. The first thing that hit my nose when I get outdoors is the cigarette smell all over the place, which I totally detest. 
After another hour to Shikai's place, settled in at 7.30pm , took a cab to meet Danielle and her friends for dinner, then Shikai came, then we went to hit the bars clubs woohoo! First drinks was at a cute bar with teddy bears, then we went to the club. Joycelyn was waiting there for us, Shikai introduced his Thai friends and we went crazy. 
The music was unusually good according to Shikai, and he disappeared a few times with Luke, while I hung out with Tao and before we went back Joycelyn pulled us to dance on the stage like WUDDDD it was crazy. We went back at 3am and I had to wake up at 7am for my flight to Wuhan the next day.

Fast forward to Wednesday, I came back from Jingzhou, had dinner with Shikai at Wai Po Jia, went to shop a little bit then went back home. 
The next day I went all around the shopping districts, but there's nothing much to buy, a lot of hippie stuff and shops though. I had the mind blowing Heytea, it was totally amazing. 
At night dinner was with Tao at a good steamboat place and we went to drink at his place. His place is beautiful. It's a serviced apartment owned by Shangrila. The next amazing thing was: we wanted to drink gin tonic but didn't have ice and tonic so he ordered online and it was delivered in freaking 15minutes. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT, and they had Fevertree Mediterranean tonic WOW I am super amazed.
Friday I met Jenny Ni in my ex-company, most people left, but the place and Jenny looks the same. We couldn't have lunch so I met Tao for lunch around the area, then I went back to Jingan for Heytea again, shop, went to west bund for the Long museum but didn't have time, then went back to meet Shikai for dinner near our place, which serves really good Chinese food. Went to drink at a sake bar after, then we went back. 
The next morning I met Jenny Loh near the bund, she treated me to a wonderful Peking Duck lunch, and we took the boat across the bund and I explored Lujiazui, went to the touristy Starbucks Roasteries which is a total tourist trap. $12 for a cup of coffee? Seriously. Tao suggested we go W hotel for the view and afternoon tea so we went for coffee and drinks. Amazing view and company. Then went to hit the club again with Shikai, but it was boring this time.



Mercato dinner after.

Sunday we had brunch at Nest, really good brunch food, then off to the airport!



Wow I initially thought my trip is going to be super boring but it turns out, it was one of the most happening trip. Jingzhou, Enshi, Clubbing etc, the people I met were super nice and hip, the food, the weather were all very nice, it all fell into place naturally. The air quality was super good because they shut down the factories for the expo the following week. 

I met super lots of friends who made me miss Shanghai and I want to work there now. The Sg and Thai bilateral relations are really super good and diverse hehe. Very much thanks to Shikai for hosting and introducing me to Tao and Danielle and friends, I'm in love with Shanghai again.

No comments:

Post a Comment