Saturday, June 20, 2020

Don't let things go over your head

People's mindset do change when they get a raise or promotion in their work place. I guess because they let things go over their head, some people think they hold more power but it comes with pressure and responsibility. It's unavoidable, they just need to get used to it and move forward and not keep harping on it.

To be honest I can feel some changes in my attitude towards certain things. Like spending, I'm more willing to spend now, although I still hesitate a long time on that $113 on a t-shirt. What I should do is have the same mentality as what I been doing all these time - be restrictive in my spending so I can save more. Just because I earn more doesn't mean I have to spend more, instead it just means I have more to save and I can clear my future debts more quickly. Yes it's nice to treat or reward yourself occasionally but not every month or every weekend. The more I save the more I have for bigger things.

On working attitude, I was quite disappointed at the attitude and mentality I displayed last week because I let things get over my head. Yes, I am planning to move to another company but I still have a few more weeks to go and I haven't officially resigned, and I would like to come back if possible. So, I shouldn't be so hard-headed or aggressive or trying so hard to prove myself. And no sloppy seconds. I should have the same mentality as what I have been doing all these time - be humble, patient, ready for anything and focused on learning to improve. Having this attitude is the reason why I have been doing so well in this company and I have to bring this same attitude to the other side as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment