Monday, June 08, 2020

Eldest uncle

Just got news that my eldest uncle from my mum's family passed away this morning.

There's no way to travel to JB in this situation, we can only observe from home and get updates from the family via phone. My mum was in all sorts of panics and out of focus and I was annoyed. Oh wells.

I'm not close to him at all, we only spoke briefly every Chinese New Year and he was particularly concerned about my job, as compared to the other cousins. He was also very aware that I was posted to Shanghai in my first job. Every year he would never fail to ask me about my job but this year surprisingly he didn't ask although I had prepared my speech so I was a little puzzled. He must have asked my dad coz my dad told me to exaggerate my job to him that day lol. Anyway he has been nice to me and I also have been polite to him, other than that there's no much interaction. 

Oh well, one less person to meet next CNY.

No comments:

Post a Comment