Sunday, November 01, 2020

Another stomach filling Saturday

We already decided to go Chinatown to eat China food for Gabby's birthday dinner but it was raining so heavily then we adjourned to City Hall coz shelter. So we walked to Suntec, walked around a little bit coz we couldn't decide what to eat and there were queue everywhere even at 6pm so we were on waiting list for some restaurants. 

Anyway so we walked to the Penang Place where I had Kelvin's farewell and it was quite good, so we just went in. And we came out with out stomach bursting. 

I didn't take pictures but I remembered the good stuff: the soup of the day, Kueh Pie Tee, beef redang, beef curry, char kway teow, salted egg chicken, assam fish, the chicken satay, chicken wings, and of course the desserts: Chendol was one of the best, Pulut Hitam and Bur Bur Cha Cha, both with coconut ice cream. Soooo good. Both of them also agreed that it is a hidden gem, we will probably go back again.

Next stop for me, Geri invited me a few days ago to her suite for cheese and wine and I'm really very excited because she is always super particular about food, and she is always having good wines. It's crazy. 
So there were 5 kinds of cheese - 18 months aged, 2 kinds of truffle cheese, some plasticky one and Gouda, which I liked. We started with prosecco, then moved to a Italian red, and then an expensive French one. 
I thought the Italian red was bland, but the French one was really amazing. I tell you, the normal wines does not taste the same as the expensive ones. Expensive wines are expensive for a reason. Floral on the nose, very clean and distinct profile, revealing layer by layer as you taste. Really unforgettable. I have been drinking the cheap ones from Cold Storage and this one is wows. 

When I went to bed, the taste still lingers in my mouth. Expensive wine is indeed amazing. Another stomach filling Saturday, I need to stop overeating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment