Wednesday, November 09, 2022

Tokyo 2022 Day 1

On 22 September when the Japanese PM announced that Japan will be fully open in October, I immediately booked my 2 trips - in November and next year for the snow. I have been waiting for this a long time.

1am I arrived in Sg from Manila, 8pm I'm at the airport again. I was taking Msia airlines this time (cheapest and best timing) with 1hr transit and I had the whole row to myself! Woohoo sleeping time. 
Arrived at 7am in the morning, customs were very smooth - because I already did the mysos app, then I saw a crew carrying my name on the board at the luggage belt. My luggage had been delayed by at least a day. 
Pro: Somehow I had prepared for this and packed a set of clothes in my backpack. I can claim at least $800 from insurance hehehe.
Con: I have no hair and facial products and most of my belongings are in the luggage.

Breathing the Tokyo air for the first time in 2 years is the most amazing feeling in the world. Arriving at Tokyo station I spent like $50 in a blink of an eye. I just forgot how to control my wallet when there are so many things to buy. I was having sore throat and coughing quite a bit but it wasn't Covid because I just had Covid. But anyway I bought some meds along the way.
After checking in my backpack at the hotel, I went to Harajuku Meiji Jinggu first, lunched at gyoza and wen to repair my watch - my main purpose of the trip. The limited edition autumn watch that I wanted to get was sold out -_- but it's fine. I can wait for next year's. Anyway I got a new strap, walked around Omotesando and I'm really amazed by the design of those stores which I have never noticed before. Some changes of shops here and there, had coffee then met Angus. 
We had coffee and caught up with each other at the new Miyashita Park at Shibuya, walked to Parco Shibuya for some shopping - pokemon center and Le labo, and then Sushi no Midori for dinner. He was praising the sushi so much lol and we really had to savour the sushi one by one. It was so good.
Look at that colour. Just gorgeous. I just love Japan. I was really tired from the flight, soaked in the bathtub for a while and luckily Japanese hotels provides pyjamas haha!

It was a very wonderful first day except for my coughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment