Sunday, November 13, 2022

Tokyo 2022 Day 4, 5 and 6

It's Shinjuku day and I went around in search for lunch and found my comfort: Yoshinoya. Then I went gundam paint hunting but the gundam and evangelion models are so limited. The paints are ok, I just need to define my list of things to buy by Feb.
Then shopping in Shinjuku, I didn't expect to buy anything at Muji but with Emi-chan introducing all the good food I just... $$$. 
And I chanced upon this ReMuji project. So Muji collaborated with a Traditional Kimono Dyeing company and re-coloured their unsold stock, and it became this one of a kind, beautiful indigo-faded expenive looking shirt. And it was my size so BUY. 
Me and Kathy love these kind of unique shit.
More shopping at Beams, Takashimaya and chanced upon this Bleach x Coca Cola pop up and got a free limited edition bleach coke, and my legs were dying so I went for early dinner at Sushi Zanmai.
Look at those colours and marbling. I was holding so many stuff so I went back to the hotel to put down, and went supermarket shopping and bought more shit.
My luggage was definitely going to be overweight. I spent the night packing my luggage and went out to club at night. The regular club I went was completely empty I was so shocked so I went to the second one which was more crowded but I had to rush back for the last train at 12am lol.

The next day which was my last shopping/whole day in Tokyo, I went to stock up snack at Tokyo station, buying more Pikachu Tokyo Banana and Banana Brulee (which was really good) and walking around to see the autumn leaves.
Back to the hotel to put down my stuff, then to Shimokitazawa with Angus and Keisuke where we had coffee, went to see the neighbourhood starbucks and dinner at Izakaya that Kei recommended. We were so glad to have a local friend. Sashimi, gyoza, oden and highballs. It was a really good final dinner. 
Angus and I went to Shinjuku after that and then we said our goodbyes. I had to go back to pack and prepare for my flight.

The next morning at the airport, I was taking Japan Airlines so these 2 chinese ladies came to help me. When I weighed my luggage it was 27kg, which was 7kg more than my allowance so they asked me to take out my stuff to hand carry. So I took out and it was 22kg so I thought I could buy the 2kg excess. But she said it's not worth it so I had to take more out until it was 20.4kg.

In the end I had to carry 1 fully backpack, sling 1 full long champ bag and carry 2 full plastic bags into the plane. Luckily the flight crew didn't bother about my 4 carry ons. 
I had the best meal in my whole economy class life. JAL really surpassed my expectations. They had warm towels before every meal, their entertainment system was super updated, they had JAL exclusive drinks and they served miso soup with their meals!! It was a 8 course meal and the rice and hamburger steak was so good. 
I'm going to book Japan airlines to Japan next time. 

This trip was so fun although I didn't achieve some objective like getting my gundams and paints, and my favourite Oyako don shop closed but I found another good tonkatsu shop in Tokyo station. I did a hell lot of shopping and stocked up my facial stuff and alcohol. Met with Angus and Emi and Keisuke, really appreciate them bringing me around and introducing nice things haha. 

I really love holidaying in Japan. See you in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment