Wednesday, February 07, 2024

2024 Appi Kogen Day 3, 4, 5

We had to wake up at 7.30am (6.30am SG time) everyday because our breakfast time was 8.30am. This is too early and very difficult to wake up because it was so comfy under the blanket. Breakfast was good and we had full view of the snow by the window. 
The hotel shuttle sent us to the slopes, we rented skis, bought ski passes and off we go to the slopes. I decided to ski with them for the first day and I realised I forgot how to ski -_-. I was using my boarding techniques and I was so unstable. Neab fell down and hurt his knee -_-. 
We had lunch at the foodcourt, the best was the Indian food, then we continued to ski. Angus and I decide to take the gondola up to see what's up there, and it turns out it's pretty easy and long. It was a wonderful long slope all the way down but super windy. 
We went a few times before ending the day. I decided skiing isn't for me haha snowboarding is much easier, so I returned the equipment, and the hotel picked us up at 4.30pm. There was still sunlight so we took pics at the private onsen again haha.
Dinner was BBQ seafood and beef and it was good. Angus was on the phone after 5pm because it's the UK morning time. Neab and I just had a lot of drinks haha.

Day 4 was too windy so the gondola closed -_-. I rented my board, Neab didn't want to continue but he explored the complex. There was a snow storm but powder was so good. I was like riding on cloud because the snow was so good. 
Angus was skiing and filming at the same time and we knocked into each other and he dislocated his shoulders. I was so worried but he pop it right back and continued like it was nothing. In the end we had to stop early because the snow storm was too crazy we can't see anything at all. The powder was flying all around.
Neab and I went to the public onsen to shower before dinner while Angus worked. Dinner was Suki Yaki which was really good! I love how they serve every course slowly, with sashimi and end with dessert. 

The next day Angus decided to ski again, I wanted to the sailor course while Neab decided to do onsen at Crown Plaza haha. After one time to sailor course, he decided it was too difficult for him so he went back to the longer and flatter run. I went 2 times before I went back as well. Sailor course is just too rough, no wonder nobody goes there.
End of day, returned everything, onsen, dinner was Shabu Shabu, then we packed to check out the next day. 

Every night was like chalet time again, we made jokes at everything, talked about shit and Trex haha.
They said they enjoyed Appi more because of the new onsen facilities, the good food and powder snow. But travelling there takes about a day and we waste 2 days just for travelling. Although it is more expensive than Myoko, I really don't mind coming back again - I want to stay at intercon at least once. I also want to train my skiing for a day haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment