Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Amazing Spider-man 2


When it opened in the theatre, I was at Toronto and I wanted to watch there but we didn't have extra cash left. When I came back to Singapore most of my friends have already watched it so I wanted to watch it alone but with a dip of luck, Lynn n Kw said ok after dinner on Saturday

Spoiler alert!

Honestly I was a little bit upset and disappointed. Although the effects and the acting were good, some dialogues were just too cliche and most chatting parts were too boring. I almost fell asleep when they kept talking on and on (a lil bit because of my jet-lag).. and they twisted the storylines so much I had a hard time convincing myself it's believable.

Some parts like the almost-plane-crash was completely irrelevant. The Roosevelt thing was also unnecessary. Norman Osborn was supposed to be the first green goblin. Green goblin was supposed to have the goblin serum. Gwen was supposed to fall from the Brooklyn bridge. The web was supposed to catch her at her legs. These are very classic Spider-man turning points!! Urgh. And green goblin just transformed for a few seconds and already doing a major scene? Urgh.

I thought Gwen's fall came too fast! When she was falling with her green coat, it suddenly dawned on me that it was "the scene" and my whole body tensed up, my eyes opened wide, legs pushing against the ground and my hands were on my face and my mind was screaming NO NO NO NO NO NO. It was a great scene, just that I expected it to be in the next movie or something because green goblin just turned.

Other than that, there were no classic Marvel-end-credit scene, just a mid credit x-men scene that's totally unrelated. (Because Sony agreed to advertise for free).

Well it actually didn't make me look forward to the Sinister Six movie or Venom spinoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment