Friday, January 26, 2018

Nagano Myoko 2018

You know your Japan trip is super awesome when you can't stop thinking about it and you smile on the train while thinking about it. By far this is my most satisfying and most fun snow trip yet, it came up top of the list because we just had a lot of fun, took a lot of nice pictures and ate a lot of good stuff.

It was super random. I was supposed to go with Ed but Jas is going to give birth so he can't go and then I was chatting with Piti one day and we just bought the tickets the following week.

After reaching Tokyo we immediately and took the shinkansen to Nagano and chatted for 2 hours on the train haha. Nagano is famous for their soba and tempura, and we had that for our first meal and I discovered the magic of portrait mode in my X.



We headed to Myoko in the morning after breakfast. We were so lucky there was a snow dump the day before we reached so fresh snow on our first day. I had accompanied Piti to ski on the forest trail for a day and he was making great improvements. By the end of the day he could do the entire forest trail without falling! The onsen after was as sweet as ever.









The food was great as usual. Even Piti agreed that the BBQ was one of the best he had, and it was hidden in the ski town.

I never fail to go to this udon place everytime I'm in Myoko.

Ah I missed Mieko-san so much. We didn't chat much this trip because she's so busy and the last day I couldn't find her and got into the car and she came out running "Soh-san! Soh-san!" because she wanted to say goodbye and we could only just wave each other goodbye because the car was already moving. :(

I'm quite satisfied with the snow. I went to Suginohara for 2 days after 1 day in Akakura and it's now my favourite run. Suginohara's always so awesome and I got to explore till the top of Suginohara. 8.5km of slope is really thigh burning and challenging. I also managed to take a few GoPro Vids, including my really bad epic fall (posted on ig stories) and we had a great laugh over my epic poses.

Pit went for the snow monkey tour and explored Nagano for 2 days and we went outlet shopping after departing. I didn't buy much because most clothes were winter wear but the Descente ski jackets were quite reasonably priced. I didn't need another one thou.

Iphone X camera is out of this world. My pictures never look so beautiful before with the scenery behind. My IG stories always turn out so smooth and the battery never seem to run out by the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment