Thursday, January 04, 2018

Orthondontics

I spent $127 just to consult the orthodontist today, just some basic question and answers, and I have decided not to go ahead with the surgery.

The braces and surgery was too complicated. I had to do 1.5years braces and then 7-8hours of surgery, breaking down my upper and lower jaw, then stay in the hospital for 3 days, no solid food for 2 weeks, then 1 month of hospitalisation leave and then 1.5years of braces again.

The braces costs $6k and the surgery costs $8k - $10k, and she advised not to go overseas for long period of time because I have to go for check-ups regularly. This will not work if I'm going London, so she advised me to do it when I'm permanently based here because there's no difference whether I do it now and then.

Then she asked her surgeon friend to come in and take a look and he said he will actually not adjust much because my jaw is quite nicely shaped and pleasant looking but will still need to knock down my bones for maximum effect.

The capital outlay and the horrible and long recovery does not justify the insignificant difference in aesthetics, and so that's that.

But I might change my mind in a few months time, like I always do HAHAHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment