Sunday, January 28, 2018

Tokyo Winter 2018

We only had 3 days in Tokyo after Myoko so the first order of business after outlet shopping at Karuizawa is to head to this apple pie shop at Ikebukuro. I have read so many things about this small corner shop called Ringo with long queue but when we reached there, there was no queue and we immediately got 4 apple pies and ate 2 on the spot.
As expected, it was heavenly. The buttery crust, the custard cream and apple cubes made the perfect apple pie.
As usual, I have to have my yuzu highball and crab miso at Isomaru Suisan. We tried to go to the Pokémon Center but it was closed.
The second day, I was actually reluctant to go Disneyland when Piti told me he wanted to go, but I was like yea I haven't been there before and if I want to go shopping I can go on my second trip later. So we bought the tickets and headed there on the second day. The winter theme was Frozen and everything was Frozen themed, which was nice.
Piti was a super skilled model of pretentious pose and he asked me to do the same hahaha.
 
At night there was this electric light parade which was exclusive in winter in Disneyland Tokyo. It was super awesome looking at these light display. They were really beautiful.
We took so many rides throughout the day but still waited for the fireworks parade at night, which was really cool. They projected the lights on the Disney castle and showed a summarized version of the Frozen movie, complete with songs and fireworks. I actually suggested to skip this but I'm so glad he requested to stay because this was totally the highlight of the whole park. 

The fireworks were so in sync with the songs, it was like let it go *fireworks*, let it go *fireworks* and sort of made my hair stand in awesomeness. 
After that we went to Akihabara for some shopping in certain shops and ate Katsudon, then Shinanoya to buy my Japanese Gins.
The next day we went to Roppongi Hills Mori Art Museum for more pretentious poses.



Then Meiji Shrine, Harajuku, Cat street and Shibuya for shopping and meals.
Oh this is Afuri Ramen, which had a queue but indeed it was really good. It wasn't like those traditional salty Japanese Ramen, it had a hint of yuzu in the clear soup. The pork slice was carefully roasted in front of us and the noodles were made of buckwheat (I think). It was very enjoyable and a cool ramen.
After shopping at Shibuya and all the touristy stuff we had to put down all our stuff at the hotel and touch up for dinner at Tapas Molecular Bar (in previous post), after the dinner we went to the bars for some drinks and met his colleague. 

On the last day we only had a few hours of shopping so we went to Shinjuku for Beams, Takashimaya and some sushi for lunch. How could we miss sashimi and sushi in Tokyo?!
After we rushed to the airport we had to separate ways because he was heading back home and I shopped in the duty-free shop for a while and spent more than $150 there on snacks hahaha. They even have LeTao now, which I brought back. It was as good as I remembered, even my mum said it tasted so good (she doesn't eat dairy products)
Piti is such an amazing and wonderful travel companion and he made this trip the most satisfying trip to Japan. We really had so much fun despite me having travelled to Japan for so many times and he actually made me go to places I've never been like Disneyland and Mori Art Museum.

He took so many nice pictures of me and he taught me how to do pretentious poses LOL. We ate so much good food including Tapas Molecular Bar and yaki-tori. He never complain about anything and is so keen to try everything and makes good decisions when I gave him options. We could connect on so many levels because we have so many common experiences, especially travelling.

I really miss our trip so much. "It was perfect, let's do it again pls!!!" -his words. Needless to say, to more adventures!

Next up, Iwate in 3 weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment