Thursday, May 09, 2019

Acceptance week

I finally opened that email after Tao forced me.

For 5 days I have been procrastinating to open that email that I received from LSE regarding my application to Msc Data Science. It was definitely the results of my application. I was afraid in a way because it decides my path this year and my career in the future, and I always had this empty feeling. Somehow I could always feel the results - the half-hearted feeling.

I didn't get it. It's highly competitive last year 600+ applications but only 50 got it. That's 8%.

I had a good personal statement, vetted and confirmed by various experts, I had 2 good referrals, good resume and university transcript. I probably lose out on the experience part. Overall, I had already done my best and this is the shot I've got. It's fine.

Friends had been asking me to try another school or try again but I'm just lazy to do GMAT, or I don't want other options. Yea if I really want I could go local unis but I want to study abroad.

I think I have no fate with staying in London long term. I will go there for holiday this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment