Sunday, May 12, 2019

May Saturday

In the afternoon the family gathered to celebrate Caleb's one year birthday but we didn't see much of him, there were lotsa food and Cyrus was sticking to me because I was playing this train thing with him haha.

Then I met Ryan for dinner and was exchanging tips on his travels to Europe - Munich, Austria, Vienna, Budapest and Stockholm. I might do the same for my core leave this year but I need to find a good time. Anyway he bought this Stockholm gin which I've never tasted before - it was good at the start but a bit messy at the end. It has elderflower.

I met Shawn at his place after. He comes from an extraordinary family and his life is not as normal as the typical local. People who were uprooted since young are generally more mature and more open minded. I had a good time with him - and him talking about his dad, his life and stuff. I feel like I really clicked with him but I'm not sure if he feels the same way, although our lives are significantly different. 

It is very hard to maintain long term friendship or relationship when you have no idea where you are going next, and it's a vicious cycle - you tend to want to go to a new place to start afresh but in the end you would want to come back. So your friendship are sometimes superficial. Something happened to Domi yesterday and he confined in me and he also wished that some of his friends loved or cared for him, but they only knew each other for a few months - it's not concrete. 

In the end, your relationships become neither here nor there. I knew so much about Shawn in a day. 

As I walk along, this phrase that I saw somewhere resonate with me: we are truly alone. 

When the world seems so cruel
And your heart makes you feel like a fool

No comments:

Post a Comment