Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Bangkok July

Every time I go Bangkok I just want a relaxing time and chill but no, my friends love to drag me out to drink and dance till 3am everyday.

Initially I wanted to go the weekend before, because I desperately needed a break and Tao is in Bkk as well but I met Jason for lunch that day and he said he and Edward are going this weekend, so might as well.

So, Friday I brought my backpack to work and went to the airport straight after. Landed at around 10pm and it was raining heavily but it stopped when I reached my hotel and checked in. The first text when I arrived in Bkk was "Daddy where are you" from M. LOL. I met Jason and Edward first, then M texted and went to hit the clubs. 2am, crispy pork soup by the roadside for supper and M sent me back.

Neab was super late for brunch at ROAST, and then we went to Central World and Siam to shop around, bubble tea, then he brought me to this unexpectedly good Thai restaurant for dinner.

The green curry was too spicy for me. The fried rice was wonderful, probably the best fried rice I've had. The wok-hei was good, not too spicy not too salty, bits of onion added crunch, it was just heaven.
There's also this braised pork and magic omelette.
I have no idea how they made it, it's good but too oily for me. Overall, the best meal I've had in Bangkok so far.

And then ice cream later, and I went back to the hotel to rest for a bit and I thought of drinking at a good cocktail bar to rest for the night, but Jason and Edward wanted to hit the clubs. They were crazy but the crowd wasn't that good. And then we had shots and we were mildly high and Nicky came out. I wanted to go back after 2am but they dragged me to the another club that Tao and M always avoid LOL. Jason was gone, Edward and Nicky were high. And if Edward weren't there...

I woke up at 11am, walked to Terminal 21 for lunch and waited for Neab while nursing a bad hangover. Both of us were really zombies. Went to eat pork noodles, then Siam for coffee and I went back to rest before meeting him for dinner for local food.

It was Maggie Choo's time! I really love Maggie Choo's on a Sunday night. It's just so awesome and it's a ritual for me when I go Bkk, and it was one of the performer's birthday so we get extra good shows. The music, the shows, the crowd and everything is just so good. And after that J and E dragged me to club again omg. It was so bad. The crowd and music on a Sunday night, got lost in the grab car, and got back at the hotel at 3.30am
I had to wake up at 8.30am for my massage at 9am. It was just too early and the masseur fell asleep too I think LOL. M brought me out for lunch, went to Uniqlo to get my AW, then he drove me to the airport. Such a sweet daughter I have. Checked in with Ed and Jase and some awkward situations and secret sharing on the flight, then drove Jase back with some harassment from him.

The most tiring Bangkok trip so far omg.

No comments:

Post a Comment