Monday, July 15, 2019

Room Project: Phase 3

Phase 1: Evaluation
Domi came over to evaluate my room, it's really in a mess. He told me I have to get rid of a few things, including my ugly blue cupboard that I painted myself and my sagging long Micke desk and my door. And I have to buy storage boxes for my Kallax cupboard and hanging shelf on top of my tv to display my bottles or gundams. That means I have to re-arrange all my stuff in my bookcase and wardrobe to make space for the items in my blue cupboard that I'm going to get rid of.
And I have an uneven wall that I don't know what to do.
Phase 2: Marie Kondo
I thought I have a lot to throw away, but mostly things from more than 10 years ago.
Files - gave to my younger cousins
Travel stuff - Bought a Muji drawer to put in my wardrobe, some in my Kallax
Electronics - Sold some of my stuff, including my discman, the rest kept in bookcase
Party stuff - Threw most away
Memory stuff - Threw some, kept some. Re-arranged in my bookcase.
That's 5 levels of my blue cupboard. From the bookcase, I threw away old books and magazines and I'm going to get rid of some of my manga as well. It's almost full now. I also bought storage boxes for my Kallax
Phase 3: Renew
After throwing away my sagging table and giving away my blue cupboard, I bought a new, smaller Micke desk which fits perfectly at a corner of my room, beside the TV. I took 2 hours to assemble.
There is so much space now in my room, I can host a mini drinking party. I'm left with buying a long cushion seat with storage or ottoman to host friends when they come over for my gin collection. I recently acquired this limited edition Summer Hendricks, so excited to open it. I hope it doesn't taste like the Nordes Atlantic.

I hope my room changes my fengshui. Retiring the old, welcoming the new.

Also, long term:
1. Fill the uneven wall (buy a putty)
2. Paint my wall grey
3. Buy hanging shelves to display my gundams or empty bottles
4. Change my door
5. Set up a drinking corner

Then again, I'll be getting my own place in 2.5years, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment