Sunday, December 20, 2020

Jewel

Last Friday I went to Changi Airport for the first time since January and that's also my virgin visit to Jewel.

Yes I know, I won't go to Changi without any agenda since it's so far away, let alone to Jewel. It's just another mall/tourist attraction to me. But there was a egg-hatching game on ishopchangi and the first 100 participants who finds all the QR codes around Changi airport gets 6000points, which is equals to $30. It's worth it. So I texted Viv coz we were supposed to go on walks and so random, she said ok.

I actually took a half day (sick leave coz I'm sick of working) and then travelled 1.5hours to Changi Airport. So firstly we went to clear he 2 QR codes in T4, followed by T3, T1 and then Jewel. We spent about 1.5hrs and we managed to complete everything by 4pm, and walked around 5km, which is faster/shorter than I thought. There were quite a lot of people considering it's a weekday afternoon but it was school holidays and the airport was filled with activities. And then I went into Jewel for the first time.
Wow I was blown away. I have seen many people posted pictures of the waterfall in Jewel but didn't understand the hype - it's breathtaking when you see it in real. It's unbelievably beautiful and pictures doesn't do it justice. I am so proud to have Jewel in our airport lol. The Xmas tree and night lights were so awesome!
Anyway we walked around, had coffee at Hoshino, had Korean food at Kko Kko Nara, and then went shopping for a bit. She wanted to come my place for G&T so we went NTUC (yes there's a NTUC Finest there) to buy tonic and soda and some snacks. Then bought eclairs, and grabbed to my place.

We started with the bottles that I had, the Chase grapefruit one, then opened my British rose, Shiraz and Lavender. 4 bottles opened that night and we sorta went crazy. I love all my bottles and I just ordered another Orange gin which is going to be delivered soon. 
Honestly we drank too much but I still remember what we talked about and I thought that she was invading my privacy for a bit, and it ended in a slightly awkward note about being invited for Jarren's dinner. Oh wells. She left at 5am.

The next day I found out that 6000 points will be credited into my ishopchangi account. Woohoo! More gin!

No comments:

Post a Comment