Monday, December 07, 2020

Xmas tree

Last weekend I went over to cousin's place again to settle some of her carousell items and also accompany them for Xmas tree shopping at the nursery at Thomson.

It's the first time I've been Xmas tree shopping - I thought just order online and they will deliver to you but my cousin said we have to choose the right tree. I always love the smell of pine and fir and so nostalgic. It reminds me of when I was trekking in the forests in California or walking around in New Zealand. Most trees were already sold - so surprising, so in the end we chose a 6-7ft noble fir tree. It was $257 + $40 for disposal so probably like more than $300 overall. We went to peach garden for dinner after that, her treat hehehe.
Yesterday I went over again, and then the kids came over to help decorate the tree. So nice and the kids were having so much fun. Oh she did a Japanese Sukiyaki dinner which was awesome. 
The unveiling of the tree
Maybe I'll get a small tree next time. Or not. haha it's so hard to maintain. You have to put ice water every morning in the tree stand and sweep the fir every morning. Such work. Yea probably a fake tree will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment