Thursday, December 03, 2020

A crushing defeat by the machine

I was so nervous last night I couldn't fall asleep. The stress and the expectations were too high, ever since last year. 

This normal I woke up and didn't manage to sleep again after logging in, and I kept thinking about it the whole morning. I checked my carousell and found out that that pair of white sneakers that I have eyeing  was sold! I WAS DEVASTATED. Actually it was kinda my fault. I didn't want to buy it in the first place since June but now somebody snatched it first and it wasn't available anymore. Argh. It's fine. I have a pair of white sneakers that I seldom wear and I am not buying uncomfortable sneaker again. And my ETQ hasn't arrived yet and I need another pair of trainers, not sneakers.

 After everyone was out of the house, I began my preparation.
3.00pm - Shower
3.30pm - Drink protein shake
4.00pm - Eat my banana bread with peanut butter and change to running attire
4.30pm - Drink a can of red bull and leave the house

Arriving at KC, the staff verified my name and surprise! He was one of the staff who worked at my gym and we recognized each other hahaha what a coincidence. So glad I had a friend there. Anyway there were around 20 pax taking the test which is a far cry from the usual 40-50.

First stop - push ups. I maxed that out easily. The vibration were confusing but ok.
Second stop - sit ups. I usually do sit-ups first coz I always have a grudge with the machine and it will determine how I must perform for the rest of the test, but this time I had no choice. The machine really had a grudge with me. I was defeated by the machine. I was clearly touching my knees and the trainer could visually see it but the machine just didn't register. It counted 33. This was the weakest link.

I had no motivation to run the 6 rounds anymore but I didn't want to waste my time there so might as well train. I had to get 13:00 to get Silver, which wasn't hard for me. The second round I was feeling rather breathless already. I think I'm just not used to running on concrete, and also the air in the carpark was too still. After the third round I began to slow down quite substantially and by the fifth round my timing was 10.48. I was quite out of breath already by the fifth round. I walked for a few seconds and then dashed for 300m. 12.56 - same timing as my treadmill. 

Ok I got Silver - $300. Something to be proud of? Meh. It's personal pride. I think I got too complacent since I got Gold last year, I didn't train well enough to get Gold this time round. I need to do my sit-ups properly and train my running on concrete. I shall try again next month before my cycle ends.

PS: If I don't feel lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment