Friday, January 29, 2021

Magnanni sneakers

Last Sunday I was randomly walking around Orchard and went up to Peddler at Scotts to see some shoes and then I spotted there was a 60% discount on some of the shoes. I went in, saw some formal working leather shoes and tried on but they were too big for me, despite my size of EU 39/ UK 5. 

Then the sales person came to chat with me on leather sneakers - he agreed with me that Common Projects were super uncomfortable, and ETQs were one of the best and most comfortable leather sneakers. He had the colour as mine but mine was limited premium edition hehe. 

He introduced me to Magnanni, one of the more comfortable leather shoes and handmade in Spain.
They were white leather, very comfortable and well made. I like their signature leather block, which is the same colour as the inner layer. It was retailing at $530 originally, with 60% off it was $212. That's almost the the same price as my ETQ or CP. It was the last pair, the right size for me and this is the biggest discount for Magnanni shoes because they very rarely have 60% off. 

I was so tempted but I just couldn't make up my mind because:
1. I just bought 2 pairs of shoes in Dec and I haven't worn one of them
2. I just got my ETQs and it's only the second time I've worn them
3. They are white and leather, same as my Pradas
4. $212. Have I become one of those basic bitch who would spend over $200 on leather sneakers now? My shoe budget used to be below $100... 
5. If I get these, I would need to get all the maintenance kit. The shoe wipes, shoe trees, leather conditioner and leather protector

I put up a poll on IG and it was 50/50 -_- Nvm, I shall think about it and not make any harsh decision. This is a want, not a need. I went home to research and to think about it. 

My research showed that it is indeed the cheapest Magnanni I can find, and all reviews said that they are super worth it and comfortable and handmade in Spain, and being family owned and operated means quality controlled.

After 4 days (one day after my birthday) I have decided, if it is still available then I will buy it. So Thursday came with a dinner with Andy, we went to Scotts first, it was still there and I snatched it up. 

Even the sales person said it was a good buy. And then I bought all the leather sneakers maintenance kit on Shopee. Birthday present for myself. A pair of shoes is like underwear - only you know whether they are comfortable or not. 

Indeed I have become a basic bitch. Ok no more sneakers buying for rest of the year. One expensive sneakers per year quota reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment