Monday, June 06, 2022

Neab in Sg - HPV and Sungei Buloh

One of my friend suggested Haw Par Villa and I was like wow I haven't been there for like what 20-30 years?? I can't even remember anything there except for the big dragon head which they demolished. That was such a significant symbol and I kinda missed that.

We met on Saturday afternoon directly at the MRT and the Haw Par Villa was right beside.
Anyway there wasn't much to see, we finished within the hour and decided to go Sungei Buloh Wetlands, so we cabbed there. Also, this was the second time I've been to the wetlands hahaha.
The weather was really hot but we stayed under the forest shades most of the time. Anyway it was a nice walk, we saw birds, big monitor lizards and fishes but it's a pity we didn't spot any crocodiles. I think it took 1-2 hours to walk the whole park and then we took a bus back to CCK where we had McDonalds for some snack and headed to Chinatown for the real dinner.
I always wanted to bring him here for Dong Bei food. It was so good and as usual, we over-ordered. I love Dong Bei food. We were so full and walked to Tanjong Pagar for ice cream, then walked over to the packed Epiphyte for drinks. 

I haven't been in this area or any bars here for years. I feel like a tourist bringing a tourist around. But it was quite fun, I kind of felt like I was on a holiday as well. It was his last night here, he's flying off tomorrow but coming back again in September/October so I gotta think of new places again. 

It was really nice to be out and about, and catching up with him. I think I haven't seen any close friends for a while now. I'm thinking of going Bangkok probably in July, but let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment