Wednesday, February 15, 2023

2023 Myoko Day 3, 4, 5

 This year the snow looked really promising. The choo choo train there was really nice and cold.
I stayed at Kogakuro as usual with Neab and Angus but there wasn't enough room for the rest but Mieko-san helped us book another hotel. She's so nice! And she gave us the room at the new wing as well. We checked in, rented and off we go to Kanko first. Angus and Neab skied while the rest of us snowboarded. 

Ah... that feeling. After 2-3 warm up rounds at the bottom slope, I brought them up the cable car and Neab was stuck there lol. It was cloudy and snowy and the snow was so good. 
Lunch was soup curry at the base restaurant, and we went up a few times before end of day.
As usual, we showered, went for dinner at Udon no fu. Everyone was enjoying themselves with curry udon and we drank warm sake. Ah... that feeling. And we were served fried grasshoppers?? Lol.
At night was onsen time with only 3 of us at the onsen and Angus whipped out his camera for pictures haha. 

Second day I took them to Suginohara. The bus ride was 20mins and price increased to 1000yen. I almost forgot the Sugi map and they had so much difficulty coming down after the cable car haha. 
I brought them to a really nice and wide slope but I guess they were too beginner and I overestimated them haha. It was a blue bird cloudless day and Zac proposed to his gf on top of Suginohara. It was really perfect actually but he was so awkward lol.
The skiiers went down and the snowboarders went up again to try the main slope.
The sunset was so nice. We ate at Shibata with drinks and the night was too cold and the onsen really hot. Second night wasn't that nice. 

The third day Neab and Angus gave up so only Zac and I went to the slopes while the rest of them went to the snow monkey park. To be honest I also wanted to go to the park because I was already quite tired and my legs were aching, but I can't bear only 2 days of snowboarding. We stayed at Kanko and did a few rounds, ended up at the onsen slope.
I was so tired at the end of the day. I think I'm a bit bored of snowboarding, I'm going to ski the next trip. Dinner at Yoroku because Shokudoen was fully booked. The BBQ fried rice and the beef was so good. We had crepes after that and drinks at Skate Bar. 

The onsen was perfect. Again we took pictures hahaha. A perfect end to my annual snowboarding trip.

Staying with Neab and Angus was really really fun, we watched videos, played music and talk about lotsa things it's a like chalet haha. The company is really nice. 

I think next trip I'm going to switch things up a bit, head to Appi and do some skiing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment