Tuesday, February 14, 2023

2023 Tokyo Day 1

In September I was already searching for flights to Tokyo for my snow trip, and in October, 10 minutes after they announced Japan is open for tourist, I immediately booked my flight. Then I told Jessie I booked and she booked the same. Zac asked me about my flight and he booked the same. Neab asked me if I was going skiing and then he booked. And then Jon said he's coming. So 1 became 6, plus Angus, equals to 7 pax. First time I'm handling so many people.

Also first time I'm going on Business Class because I wanted to sleep on the red eye flight, and the business class was so cheap - $700 one way. My parents drove me to the airport - after which they headed to JB, and I had dinner at the lounge. Mine was a dry flight coz Royal Brunei so I stocked up on sparking wine first before heading to the gate.
Ok to be honest I was a little impressed by business class but the excitement went away after a while. I was too full but they kept feeding us. 1hour of transit in the small Brunei airport, and then off to Narita. 
I was expecting myself to sleep well but it was like a 5-6hour flight, 1 hour into the flight I slept about 3 hours, and then it was time for breakfast -_- Ok so I can't fall asleep on flight.
The customs queue at Narita was so long in the morning. After grabbing our luggage, met Neab, bought bus tickets. Some mishap at the bus ticket office because I bought 1 extra ticket but luckily I was able to refund but the guy in front of me was shushing me 😒. 

At tokyo station, we exchanged our JR pass, made reservation for train, took the JR, put our bags at the hotel and off we go for some shopping. We went Shinjuku for lunch first at Sushi Zanmai and then some snow gear shopping at Alpen.
Neab and I went to Harajuku to fix my watch but the staff said it would take 1 month so I bought another one hehehe. First 2 hours in Tokyo I already spent so much but it was such a beauty.
We had coffee at Gyre, and walked around Harajuku, then walked back to hotel to check in, washed up.
Akihabara to meet Angus and dinner at Tonkatsu Maguro. We queued about 30mins but it was a really good dinner. Then uniqlo shopping and second dinner and drinks at Torikizoku. Luckily I asked Emi to help us make a reservation, the food and drinks were as good as I remembered. Zac loves this place.
Jessie took us on a cab ride back to the hotel, we showered at the onsen and then slept for a morning train ride to Nagano.

No comments:

Post a Comment