Wednesday, February 15, 2023

2023 Nagano Day 2

 We had a good night sleep at the hotel because of the lack of sleep on the flight. Hotel breakfast was quite good (I realised Agoda booking is cheaper and includes breakfast). The roof terrace had a nice view of the Olympic stadium, which was perfect for pictures.
We entered the train 1 minute before the door closed lol the train was too early at 10.48am. Luckily I discovered my boots became like that on the train and I quickly switched out to my sneakers. RIP boots which I only wore for 5 times.
It was many of their first time riding on the shinkansen *low smirk* and reached Nagano, checked in hotel, had mini lunch at family mart and bus to Togakushi. On the way there Jon's phone dropped on the bus and when I alighted the bus driver asked me what happened with the thumping sound and then I said in Japanese - his handphone thump thump thump. And they made that a joke for the rest of the day -_-
It was the same as I remembered 8 years ago when I went there. We started on the snow track which was difficult but ended up on the main road and walked for about an hour or so.
Indeed it was as beautiful as I remembered. We didn't go all the way in because the sun was setting and it started to snow heavily. We took many pictures and went back on the main road, walked about 20mins and then bus back to the city for dinner.
2 words - Nagano Soba. I have missed the soba for so long and it was as good as I remembered. Shopping at Donki after dinner, had drinks with Zac, and back at the hotel for morning train ride. I didn't do the Zenkoji stroll per usual but the forest snow hike was pretty fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment