Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2nd IPPT

every guy in uni or work cringe at the sound of the 4 letters.

I.P.P.T.

After training hard last year, I succumbed to flu and other illnesses this year and stopped training, not even once this year.

Nearing my birthday which falls next week, I booked a weekday slot just to test the waters and determine my standard.

Surprisingly, my SJB remained the same! that was my first station and it was a pass, so I breezed through the rest of the stations except running. It was quite a feat considered I was still coughing and having runny nose along the way.

then it was the 2.4km run. On the third round I was already out of breath and feeling terrible and I considered walking at the 5th round. I was left with 1.55 minutes for the last round and I was on the verge of puking already.

I never felt so terrible before, having running for your life and being sick at the same time. My lungs and the whole wind pipe was burning in hell flame and my concrete body resisted my leg movements. My stomach churned like a hurricane and the vomit was at the edge.

I told myself, I do not want to take this again and even if I took again my SBJ will not be so lucky. So I pushed everything aside, mind over body, neglecting the puking feeling and dashed for my life for the last few meters.

VOILA! PASSED BY 3 SECONDS.

$110 deposited in my bank account and I'm happy with that.

Lesson learnt: Don't take your IPPT at the last minute in case u fall sick. (like me)

No comments:

Post a Comment