Friday, January 07, 2011

Internship

so.......... today was my last day of work.
Well, effectively second last coz I'm going back for a day in February.

Not as I expected, I was squeezed dry from morning to late. We were supposed to end by 4.30pm but I worked till 6pm. As a result I didn't do my proper farewells but hey, at least there's one more day in Feb. haha i doubt i'll do much also.

Concluding this internship, I was most fortunate to have the best supervisor an intern could have. We were comfortable and open with each other, although most of the time he does the talking.

I wasn't sad to leave my friends coz I know we will always hang out after that, but I will miss Lionel and his kids on his desktop. Every time I see their picture the world suddenly lights up. haha. No, I am not a paedophile like what my other intern friend call me, but Brandon (one of his kids) really resembles me when I was young! Another colleague commented that Lionel and I looked like each other again just now.

and of coz I'm happy to at least resemble my idol in looks.

Why is he my idol?

Good(rich) family background? he was sent to get a degree in US when he was young. Just imagine sending somebody to study in US in the 80s.
Check.

the brains? He finished his masters in Australia.
Check.

Fitness? Previously a national squash player, he gyms, runs and golfs often.
Check.

Looks? resembles me.
Check.

Character? Speaks really well, everyone loves him.
Check.

Financials? a few properties, 2 cars, promising career.
Check.

But too bad, girls.
He's happily married with 4 kids. (did i mention 2 twins?) and his wife is the homemaker. To me, he's a living example of my dream future.

I'm really inspired by him, the way he plans his time to balance work and life, and the way he uses words to smoothly transit from one topic to another without awkward silences. One thing is he's too business etiquette routined - a lot of handshakes and phrases that comes out of the ten year series book of business etiquette, and losing the personal touch or style.

I've also learnt A LOT about business reporting from him. He's really good in presentation notes and i'm good in generating the graphs so I helped him in most of his presentations. To be frank I think i'm quite careless in some of the work.

Anyway as reluctant as I am to check my results, I promised to update him about my grades so there is no way out. I haven't checked my results for a year now. Maybe I should get somebody to do it for me and i have a rough idea who to ask.

I guess since we are each other's first time (sounds wrong) er... I mean I'm his first intern and he's my first intern supervisor, the firsts are the hardest to forget so I'm very glad to keep in contact with him through coffee or whatever. OH I forgot about the Korean boss. He asks for dinner this Thursday which i don't know if he'll remember. But i'm sure he will forget about introducing his daughter to me. -_-

Until then, I might be organising some gathering.

Overall, it was the most enjoyable semester yet!
Work + fun + treats + idol + friends = Internship

No comments:

Post a Comment